Upper Brailes Pumps (click on photograph to bring up bigger/better version).
 

(There are more pumps in Upper/Lower Brailes, and one in Rectory Lane - long absent - was due to be re-instated. Must take a forther look.)

upper brailes On a small patch of green, known locally as The Fountain, at the junction of the main street and Castle Hill St. A nice stone structure in front of it is dated 1877, and carries a water pipe.
Markings: Flag, and obliterated roundel.

Manufacturer: Lee Howl.
upper brailes On the roadside just up the main street from the one above, almost lost in the long grass.
Markings: Flag, obliterated roundel and "3".

Manufacturer: Lee Howl.
upper brailes Another small pump, well-hidden in School Lane. Unusually, the plank carrying the pump is attached to a metal tripod.
Markings: Looks like "RC".

Manufacturer: Unk.
upper brailes This one looks like it's on its way to the scrap heap. Thanks to John Hurst for the photo.
Markings: None.

Manufacturer: Unk.

|Back|