Iwerne Minster (click on photograph to bring up bigger/better version).
wooden-cased lead pump at Iwerne Minster, Dorset. Thanks to Mike Faherty for
the photo on the left, Shawn Shaw for the one on the right, and Roger Frost
(far right) which shows the "scold's bridle" spout protector and a nasty set of
holes in the spout.
Markings: The tank is embossed with a date - 1880 - and a large "W", flanked by two small circles. English Heritage state that the pump was built for Lord Wolverton - hence the "W". It turns out that George Grenfell Glyn, 2nd Baron Wolverton, bought the estate in 1876 and made many improvements.
wood-cased lead pump at Iwerne Minster, Dorset. Thanks to Paul Snelling for the
Markings: the tank carries a typical floral decoration.