Stranraer (click on photograph to bring up bigger/better version).
[Thanks to Robert Malcolm for all the photos.]
|At the junction of Lewis St and Sun St, Stranraer, Dumfries and Galloway. It carries an inscription:|
INHABITANTS OF STRANRAER
13th January 1875.
|Markings: None other reported.
Manufacturer: Apparently John McWilliam, who owned the forge in Sun St, although others have suggested that it was supplied by George Smith's Sun Foundry, Glasgow.
The old photo on the right shows the pump before its renovation, reportedly at the junction of Sun St and Dalrymple St.
| At a farm
on the outskirts of Stranraer, Dumfries & Galloway.
Manufacturer: Joseph Evans.
same farm, Stranraer, Dumfries & Galloway, this pump has a repair at the
Markings: A very indistinct "THE XXXX PUMP" on the barrel, where XXXX might be PARK or possibly PARRY".