London Borough of Southwark (click on photographs to bring up bigger/better versions).
|A fine specimen outside the
Gift Almshouses in Nunhead. The almshouses were built by the Girdlers'
Company in 1834 and named after Cuthbert Beeston, Master of the
Girdlers' Company, who
in 1582 left property near London Bridge where the first Girdlers' Almshouses
were founded. Photograph by John Hurst - thanks, John.
Markings: None visible.
Manufacturer: It's practically identical to one at the Museum of London made by Fowler's.
|In Peckham, Camberwell, the old
pump has been used as a base for a lamp post. Photos supplied by Mike Faherty -
Markings: None reported.