Soulby Pumps (click on photographs to bring up bigger/better versions).
at Soulby, Cumbs, has recently (2020/21) been renovated and brought back to
full working order by builder Dale Fisher and joiner Graham Alderson. An
excellent job - congratulations! The photo on the far right (thanks, John
Hurst) shows that the pump was in dire need of attention back in 2010. It was
erected in 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Golden
Markings: A plaque on the front reads: "L AIREY PLUMBER KENDAL", and another on the back reads:
Erected by Subscription
|Manufacturer: L. Airey of Kendal.|
farmhouse near Soulby, Cumbs. Thanks to Nick for the photo.