Windsor & Maidenhead
|Click on photograph to bring up bigger/better version.|
|Roadside pump at Windsor, with the castle as a backdrop. Photograph supplied by Paul Snelling - thanks, Paul. Its plinth carries a notice inscribed:|
| The last Public Well and Pump built
in Windsor in 1852.
Sealed up in 1884 shortly before the
Council acquired the local Waterworks.
Restored in June 2002
by the Windsor and Eton Society.
|Back to Directory|Back to Map|Home|