Launceston (click on photograph to bring up bigger/better
castle grounds at Launceston, on the site of the old
Markings: The lead tank carries the letters "IH", the date - 1796 - and a fleur-de-lys.
in a museum at Launceston. Thanks to Ray Cherry for the
Markings: "W. KINSMAN" and "LA..." [Subsequently confirmed by Ken Hayward as "LANSON" - thanks, Ken]. (Lanson is an old form of Launceston.)
Manufacturer: W.Kinsman. William Kinsman was a plumber's apprentice in nearby South Petherwin in 1891, and another of his pumps exists in South Petherwin.