Coleby (click on photographs to bring up bigger/better versions).
[Thanks to John Hurst for the photos.]
|This pump at Coleby,
Lincs, has a single handle, but two fulcrums and two spouts - is this simply
another dual-spouted pump or something more complex? The lower spout has
what seems to be a bung in it. The wellhead dates to
the 18th century, the pump was installed in 1896, the well was deepened in
1905, and it remained in continuous use until water pillars were installed in
1932 (see one in the background).
garden in Coleby.
Markings: None visible.
Manufacturer: Unk: it's a "York" pump, but both Joseph Evans and Lee Howl made them.