Cartmel (click on photographs to bring up bigger/better versions).
|A wooden-boxed pump in
the Market Square at Cartmel, Cumbs, with the market cross and fish slabs
behind. Old photos at http://www.francisfrith.com show changes
to the boxing from as early as 1894.
|A similarly-boxed pump
on The Causeway.
Markings: A nearby stone has "1866" engraved.
|A small barrel pump
just at the entrance to the car park.
Manufacturer: Unk, but the brand was sold in garden centres in the 1990s.